Being equally nutritious and delicious, avocados are a great addition to any braces-friendly menu. With that in mind, we are sharing not one, but three of our favorite avocado-centric (and braces-friendly) recipes with you here today:
14 oz bow tie pasta
14 oz skinless salmon fillets, bones removed
2 cups frozen peas
1 avocado, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 bunch fresh chives, chopped
2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp finely grated lemon rind
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 clove garlic, crushed
Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, cook salmon in a heated, lightly oiled frying pan for about 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked and flakes easily. Cool. Flake flesh into large pieces.
3. Boil, steam or microwave peas until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
4. Place pasta, salmon, peas, avocado, chopped herbs, olive oil, lemon rind and juice and garlic in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
5. Serve salad with lemon wedges.
Photo and recipe credit: Yahoo! Lifestyle
8 slices bacon
4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
4 tablespoons Ranch-style salad dressing
1 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced
1 tomato, chopped
1 cup shredded lettuce
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
2. Warm tortillas in microwave oven for 30 to 45 seconds, or until soft. Spread 1 tablespoon Ranch dressing down the center of each tortilla. Layer crumbled bacon, avocado, tomato and lettuce over the dressing. Roll the tortilla around the other ingredients.
Photo and recipe credit: allrecipes.com
1 1/3 cups orange juice
1 1/4 cups frozen pineapple
1 small frozen banana (or fresh)
1/2 cup ice (I like coconut water ice cubes for this recipe)
1/2 lime, squeezed over top smoothie, or blended right into it
1 Tbsp coconut milk or 2 tsp unsweetened coconut flakes
dash of cayenne
Blend, pour, garnish (if desired), and Enjoy!
Photo and recipe credit: lunchboxbunch.com
For more braces friendly recipes visit our Braces Friendly Recipes page. And if you are looking for an exceptional and affordable orthodontist in the Vancouver, WA area, contact us to schedule your free consultation and exam today!