Being equally nutritious and delicious, avocados are a great addition to any braces-friendly menu. With that in mind, we are sharing not one, but three of our favorite avocado-centric (and braces-friendly) recipes with you here today:
Salmon, Pea, and Avocado Pasta SaladPrint
- 14 oz bow tie pasta
- 14 oz skinless salmon fillets, bones removed
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bunch fresh chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cook salmon in a heated, lightly oiled frying pan for about 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked and flakes easily. Cool. Flake flesh into large pieces.
- Boil, steam or microwave peas until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Place pasta, salmon, peas, avocado, chopped herbs, olive oil, lemon rind and juice and garlic in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Serve salad with lemon wedges.
Photo and recipe credit: Yahoo! Lifestyle
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons Ranch-style salad dressing
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Warm tortillas in microwave oven for 30 to 45 seconds, or until soft. Spread 1 tablespoon Ranch dressing down the center of each tortilla. Layer crumbled bacon, avocado, tomato and lettuce over the dressing. Roll the tortilla around the other ingredients.
Photo and recipe credit: allrecipes.com
- 1 1/3 cups orange juice
- 1 1/4 cups frozen pineapple
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 small frozen banana (or fresh)
- 1/2 cup ice (I like coconut water ice cubes for this recipe)
- 1/2 lime, squeezed over top smoothie, or blended right into it
- 1 Tbsp coconut milk or 2 tsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- Dash of cayenne
- avocado slices
Blend, pour, garnish (if desired), and Enjoy!
Photo and recipe credit: lunchboxbunch.com