If you’re looking for ways to celebrate New Year’s Eve with the whole family (and without the hangover), we’ve got you covered with this roundup of five kid-friendly events in and around Vancouver, WA that are geared toward various age groups and interests.
1. Noon Year’s Celebration—FVRL
First up on our list is Fort Vancouver Regional Library’s Noon Year’s Celebration, which will be held at the Vancouver Mall Library Connection. The kids will be able to learn about New Year’s Eve traditions from around the globe, make noisemakers and masks, and enjoy a parade in the mall. The party ends with a countdown to noon and snacks, leaving plenty of time for a good nap when you return home.
- WHEN: Saturday, December 31, 2016 from 11am – 12pm
- WHERE: 8700 NE Vancouver Mall Drive, Suite 285 Vancouver, WA 98662
- COST: Free
- AGES: 5-12
You can call the Mall Library Connection at (360) 906-5000 or visit the fvrl website for more information.
2. Noon Year’s Eve—Camas Public Library
Next up we have another hour-long celebration for the little ones hosted by (and at) the Camas Public Library. Noon Year’s Eve festivities include a dance party, craft and, of course, snacks!
- WHEN: Saturday, December 31st 2016 from 11:30am – 12:30pm
- WHERE: 625 NE 4th Ave, Camas, WA 98607
- COST: Free
- AGES: Toddlers and Pre-schoolers
Call the Camas Public Library at (360) 834-4692 or visit the city website for more information.
3. New Year’s at Noon—Portland Children’s Museum
Kid’s 12 and under are sure to have a blast at the Portland Children’s Museum’s New Year’s at Noon. They’ll be able to participate in multiple countdowns, art and craft activities inspired by various cultures from around the world and a dance party. Be sure to check out the link below for pricing/ticket purchases, parking information and admission policies.
- WHEN: Saturday, December 31st 2016 fromm 11:00am – 1:00pm
- WHERE: 4015 SW Canyon Road Portland, OR 97221
- COST: Please visit the website for pricing information and to purchase tickets.
- AGES: 0-12
You can call the Portland Children’s Museum at (503) 223-6500 or visit portlandcm.org for more information.
4. Glow Year’s Eve—Sky Zone Trampoline Park
For more adventurous family fun, check out Sky Zone Trampoline Park’s Glow Year’s Eve. This event lasts three hours and includes glow in the dark jumping, SkySocks, a glow shirt and necklace, and a slice of pizza and a drink. Parents and guardians can enter free (jumping not included) with the purchase of a ticket for a minor. Note: White or neon clothing is required; Check in between 6:30-6:45pm to ensure you get the full 3 hours of jump time; Each participant must complete a waiver (under 18 must be signed by parent or guardian); there are no refunds.
- WHEN: Saturday, December 31st 2016 from 7:00pm – 10:00pm
- WHERE: 5000 E 4th Plain Blvd C100, Vancouver, WA 98661
- COST: $25.00 per ticket, order online here
- AGES: Not Specified
Sky Zone can be reached at (360) 989-3300 or visit their website for more information.
5. Rockin’ New Year’s Eve—Mountain View Ice Arena
If you have skaters in your family then they’ll love the last event on our list—the Rockin’ New Year’s Eve Skate Party at Mountain View Ice Arena. The kids will be able to ring in the new year with door prizes, hats, noisemakers and, of course, skating. Note: No coupons, groupon, social media or passes.
- WHEN: Saturday, December 31st 2016 fromm 7:00pm – 9:30pm
- WHERE: 14313 SE Mill Plain Blvd, Vancouver, WA 98684
- COST: $15 includes skates
- AGES: Not Specified
Contact Mountain View Ice Arena at (360) 896-8700 for more information.
However you decide to celebrate New Year’s Eve, stay safe and have a wonderful time. All of us here at Vancouver Orthodontic Specialists, PLLC wish you a very healthy and happy 2017!! 🙂